The CAMERAderie Initiative is a platform for the emerging voices, creative talents, and untapped potential of women, women-identifying, and gender non-conforming filmmakers. Join us as CAMERAderie: Act Two, a pre-production lab, is underway for the 2020/21 season!
All accepted Lab participants gain complimentary access to upcoming events, and many will receive mentors. The Lab spans all aspects of pre-production: script breakdowns, scheduling, budgeting, casting, crewing up, storyboards, shot listing, design, building, and workflow.
Through Women In Media’s CAMERAderie: Act Two, our above and below the line community has the opportunity to gain experience and support. This Lab includes networking, mentorship, and professional development via online classes, comprehensive weekend workshops, and hands-on training. Writer/Director Finalists from Act One build their teams from the WiM membership (70%+ women, women-identifying and gender nonconforming crews!). That way, pre-production can begin on the films. Crew members have support from initiative producers and industry professionals in each department. Support includes majority funding, gear, production insurance, and more.
Meet the Executive Team
Meet the Mentors & Advisors
- Above the Line Speed Networking + Convo with writer/director Tara Miele (Wander Darkly) – Dec. 16, 2021
- Below the Line Speed Networking + Convo with editor Evan Schiff (John Wick Chapters 2 & 3) – Jan. 23, 2021
- Workflow & Post Production Convention – February 27 & 28, 2021
- Keynote: VFX Supervisor Brigette Bourque (9-1-1: Lone Star)
- The Post Production Roadmap – Christine Carr of Light Iron a Panavision Company
- DIT: Successful Prep for Post – Kerry Michelle O’Brien (Lupe)
- The Craft of Narrative Film Editing – Katie McQuerry (Hail Caesar)
- Visionaries Panel: The Final Draft – Maysie Hoy (The Joy Luck Club), Rosanne Tan (Mr. Robot), and Director Liz Friedlander (The Vampire Diaries), moderated by Walt Louie editor & owner of Flash Cuts
- VFX: Crossroads of Art and Technology Virtual Production – Cristin Pescosolido (300), Charmaine Chan (The Mandalorian)
- The Wonderful World of Color – Allie Ames (Mary Poppins Returns)
- You Need a Vision – Ahrynn Descy (Patriot: A Nation at War)
- Sound Supervision – Gregory Hedgepath (The Hunger Games)
- Sound Alchemy Panel – Bobby Banks (Men in Black International), Vivian Williams (Becky), Catherine Joy (Homecoming), moderated by Jennifer Smith (American Idol)
- Masterclass: Fix it in Prep w/ Catherine Hardwicke (Thirteen) – March 20, 2021
- Speed Networking for Crew
- World Building & Pre-production Convention – May 1st and 2nd, 2021
- Specific Events coming soon!
- MBS Grip/Electric/Art Dept Training
- Film Festivals & Distribution Convention
- Specific Events coming soon!
Make sure to check back often as new events and opportunities are added.
Women In Media’s CAMERAderie: Act Two welcomes Women in Media Members in good standing to crew up on Finalist films. Finalist Film crew members are expected to attend CAMERAderie Lab events, education, critiques, and networking.
Not a member yet? Apply here. Note, membership review may take up to 2 weeks so don’t delay!
Women in Media is happy to announce the 2020 CAMERAderie: Act One Scripts & Finalists who are taking part in CAMERAderie: Act Two:
Daisy is Gone by Ziyao Liu
An anthrophobic Chinese poet tries to return a cloned fish, which he believes to be a botched imposter of his lost pet and best friend.
I’m a Hero by Erin Neumeyer
One woman’s heroic fantasy of gun ownership is so strong that it pulls her anti-gun sister into her hyper-realistic imagination where they fight for their beliefs and their lives in this genre shifting action comedy.
The Instinct by Krista Amigone
A pregnant waitress takes her co-worker’s bullying in stride. But when the harassment turns physical, the waitress’s Mama-Bear instincts take over and she defends her and her child’s life to a grizzly end.
Moon by Toy Lei
Two friends remember their childhood tree fort pacts and discuss their current lives, while having a lovely lunch on the moon.
Never Talk to Strangers by Nagham Osman
A child makes a matter of life and death choice but doesn’t know it.
Any questions? Please email us info@womenNmedia.com
Thank you for Supporting Women In Media’s CAMERAderie Initiative!
If you or your company would like to come on board as a Sponsor please contact us.